The Custom titanium road bike dubbed "Bombshell" is on the road. Coming in at 17lbs with a Campagnolo Chorus build and components designed for reliability vs. light weight, she has a very respectable weight.
The frame follows the same theme as well. Reliability and ride-ability vs light weight. This 53.5 toptube frame comes in at 1500grams. No thinned out super light titanium, no internal routing to save extra weight, just a classic frame conceived to give you the beautiful ride quality titanium is known for.
This is NOT intended as a race frame, it is NOT intended to be a KOM hunter (the rider makes a bike fast the bike does not!), however with those preconceived design notions gone we are left with a frame and bicycle that offers something else.... enjoyment.
- We ditched the oversized seat tube in favour of a 27.2 post. this aids in the comfort but also gives the frame that nice and classic kinetic flex so many people love (and those without it love to hate on).
- The geometry has been altered just enough to give a more stable and comfortable wheelbase without completely sacrificing the quick road feel.
- Kept the classic lines purely for aesthetics (compact frames and slopping top tubes just look ugly... don't they?)
- All external routing to make cable changes a breeze and to ensure the frame rides nice and quiet over event the roughest roads.... no one likes housing rattle noises.
- Frame will fit a 28c tire if by chance you enjoy those gravel roads. Side note... those gravel roads won't ding or damage this titanium frame or her finish. She is sexy, but also tough as nails. So ride hard and ride away from your buddies when the roads get less then ideal for others....
More ride reports as the kilometers pile up on the Bombshell, in the meantime she is available to view (touch, lick and smell too.... she has already been licked and stamped and "own it" by the shop) at Inception Cyclery.
Other frames in to view......
Lucky No.5 - a ChargeHard MTB frame with a blend of race pedigree and trail aggressive behaviours.
Coffee Grinder - Our take on the gravel bike, designed to run a Lauf (or suspension fork).
See you out there, likely at Balzacs for coffee!